Polish Arts Club of Buffalo
P.O. Box 542
Buffalo, NY 14225
(716) 876-8108 ext.8
To enhance Western New York’s cultural resources by fostering interest, appreciation and understanding of the culture and history of Poland and Polish-Americans and by safeguarding Polish American heritage throughout Western New York.
The Polish Arts Club of Buffalo was founded in 1945. Its establishment was inspired by a lecture presented by Dr. Zygmunt Stojowski, a noted composer and friend of the famed pianist, Ignacy Jan Paderewski. Stojowski’s council to his audience – to acquaint Americans with the rich Polish culture and heritage – was enthusiastically embraced by the Club’s founders: Mrs. John Frost, in whose home the initial meetings of the Club were held, Sophie Schoen, Sophie Czech, Mrs. Francis Schuncke and Mr. Walter Orzelski.
The Club prides itself on its standards, set originally by its founding President, Eugene Dyczkowski, a noted painter, President for several terms of the Buffalo Society of Artists and a one time Assistant Director of the Albright Art Gallery. The Club was fortunate to have a renowned man of letters, Aleksander Janta-Pokzynski as its third President.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President – Elizabeth Rydzynski Hulley
First Vice President - Dr. Andrew Wise
Second Vice President – Vacant
Treasurer – Mr. Tom Zawadzki
Financial Secretary - Mrs. Gloria Ricotta
Membership Secretary – Wanda Bolanowska-Higdon
Ms. Christine Nowak
Mrs. Mary Jane Masiulionis
The Polish Arts Club of Buffalo, Inc. is supported with cultural funding from the adopted Erie County Budget, Mark C. Poloncarz, County Executive.